Finding cheaper insurance is a priority for many drivers. There are several ways you can save money when buying insurance. Qualifying for discounts is a common way to save hundreds of dollars annually on insurance costs. Consider the following discounts when comparing car insurance quotes.
You can rely on most insurers to offer a particular set of discounts. Although the amount of discounts can vary among insurers, the following are popular discounts provided by most major insurers:
- Safe driver - by maintaining a clean driving record for a number of years, you can save as much as 10% on premiums.
- Good student - high school and college students under the age of 25 who maintain a "B" average can get a 15% reduction on insurance.
- Multi-car - families can save at least 10% by insuring all vehicles through the same agency.
- Safe vehicle - insuring a car with anti-lock brakes, airbags, automatic seat belts, and anti-theft devices can qualify you for 40% or more off annual premiums.
- Multi-policy - save an additional 25% when you buy your car, life, and home insurance from the same insurer.
Drivers who qualify for several of these discounts can save over 50% on premiums. You will need to check with each insurer a variety of which can be found at 1wwwcarinsurancequotescom.com to see which discounts they offer.
In addition to these common discounts, there are other discounts available that may be less familiar to drivers. Not all insurers offer these discounts:
- Early signing - switching to a new provider before your existing policy expires can save you between 5% and 10% on your new policy.
- Low mileage - retirees, self-employed individuals who work at home, and even drivers who live close to their work may be eligible for 10% off premiums because they are on the road less which reduces their risk of being in an accident.
- Payment plan - you may get up to 5% off premiums just by setting up automatic payments for monthly plans. Or you can save 10% if you pay your policy premium in full.
Car insurance quotes are the best way to buy coverage today. When comparing car insurance quotes, you need to know which discounts are applied to each quote so you can determine if you are getting a good deal or not. Use the best quote to buy a policy that meets your needs!